Coronavirus and the Library
In order to support social distancing the Evangel University Libraries have temporarily moved to an online-only service delivery model. You can reach us via our Ask-A-Librarian form, or by using any other forms provided on this site for specific types of service requests.
For more information about Evangel University's response to the COVID-19 pandemic, please visit the EU Coronavirus page.
Changes to Library Hours and Access
- The EU Kendrick and AGTS Library buildings will be closed until further notice.
- If you need access to collection materials such as journal articles or a chapter from a book, library staff may be able to provide digital copies on demand.
- If you wish to submit a request for copies from the EU or AGTS collections, please use the following form
Accessing the Library's Online Resources
- All current students and faculty will be able to access the library's online resources from off campus through their library accounts.
- Students may view a brief video demonstration of the login process or review the detailed print instructions
- These instructions apply to faculty as well. However, they will need to check with library staff for their library account ID.
- Students are not required to contact the library to set up access but are certainly encouraged to do so if they experience any problems or are unsure of the process.
- In order to contact the library, please submit an Ask-A-Librarian form and be sure to provide your phone number and/or email address. The library staff will contact you as soon as possible.
Circulation of Physical Materials
- Patrons are asked to keep all checked out books at this time. The library will send out an announcement when we are prepared to receive returned books. Due dates for books checked out at the time of the initial library closure and any books checked out subsequently have been extended.
- All Interlibrary borrowing and lending of books from other libraries, including MOBIUS, will be suspended until further notice.
Reference and Research Assistance
- Please submit an Ask-A-Librarian form to request assistance.
- Library Online Databases can be accessed here.
- You can call the main campus library from 8 am - 3 pm every weekday at (417) 865-2815 ext. 7268. Library staff will also respond by phone or email to requests submitted through the Ask-A-Librarian form during daytime and evening hours as soon as possible.
COVID-19 Related Free Online Resources
Library Gifts and Donations
- During this time of reduced operations and increased risk, the library will not be accepting any donated materials. Please contact us if you are interested in donating materials after the library resumes normal operations.
Posted and Updated: May 5, 2020