Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
COVID-19 and the Library
The Evangel University Libraries will continue to address concerns related to the ongoing pandemic and to support social distancing. Specific policies may be adjusted throughout the school year as needed depending on Evangel University policies and the current status of the spread of the virus in the Springfield area.
We encourage all users to continue to take advantage of our subscribed online resources and services and to check out our Open Access research guide for links to freely available online resources. You can also check out our Open Educational Resources research guide for information concerning access to free online textbooks and all you need to know about Open Educational Resources (OER).
If you require assistance, feel free to call a library location directly, reach out to us via our Ask-A-Librarian form, or place a request for a specific resource using our Copy Request form.
For more information about Evangel University's response to the COVID-19 pandemic, please visit the EU Coronavirus page.
Library Hours and Access
- The EU Kendrick and AGTS Library buildings are open to current EU students, faculty, and staff for the services specified on this page.
- Others desiring guest access to one of the libraries should contact the library in advance to determine current policies and procedures.
- Library hours for the current week will be posted on the library home page.
- Study spaces allowing room for appropriate distancing are available.
- Individuals are asked to check the circulation desk area for any posted instructions applicable to your intended use of the library facility.
Returning Checked Out Materials
- The EU libraries are accepting returned books and other checked out library items.
- Review your account for all items currently checked out at https://swan.searchmobius.org/patroninfo
- Designated book return stations will be established at each library location. Library staff can direct you to the correct location.
- You will leave your books as directed and the library staff will process them after a 24 hour quarantine period.
Circulation of Physical Materials
- Standard loan periods and loan rules are in effect.
- Interlibrary borrowing and lending of books from other libraries, including MOBIUS, is available.
- When requesting materials from other libraries, be sure to anticipate in your planning the need to allow for some extra time to receive the requested items due to the book quarantine procedures which may currently still be in place in many libraries throughout the country.
- We continue to encourage you to request digital copies of materials such as journal articles or a chapter from a book as much as reasonably possible.
- If you wish to submit a request for copies from the EU or AGTS collections, please use the following form:
Accessing the Library's Online Resources
- All current students and faculty will be able to access the library's online resources from on or off campus through their library accounts.
- Students may view a brief video demonstration of the login process or review the detailed print instructions.
- These instructions apply to faculty as well. However, faculty will need to check their staff portal home page or with library staff for their library account ID.
- Students are not required to contact the library to set up access but are certainly encouraged to do so if they experience any problems or are unsure of the process.
- A list of available Library Online Databases can be accessed here.
- A number of freely available online resources are listed on our Open Access Research Guide. You can also check out our Open Educational Resources research guide for information concerning access to free online textbooks and all you need to know about Open Educational Resources (OER).
Research in the Library
- A number of study spaces as well as several library computers are available at each library location.
- Students wishing to study in the library are asked to check for any updated instructions at the library’s Circulation Desk.
- It is still recommended that unvaccinated individuals keep at least 6 feet distance between themselves and others.
- Used study spaces will be cleaned and disinfected by library staff on a regular basis. Feel free to request a cleaning of a desired space before use.
- Students, faculty, and staff needing assistance or research guidance are encouraged to submit an Ask-A-Librarian form or to call the library during operating hours: at (417) 865-2815 ext. 7268 for EU Kendrick ; (417) 268-1058 for AGTS.
- Library staff will also be available to provide assistance to students in the library in a manner consistent with EU’s current health and safety social distancing practices.
Posted: August 18, 2020 Updated: May 27, 2021