Coronavirus and the Library
In order to support social distancing, effective March 19th, the Evangel University Libraries will be moving to an online-only service delivery model. You can reach us via our Ask-A-Librarian form, or by using any other forms provided on this site for specific types of service requests.
For more information about Evangel University's response to the COVID-19 pandemic, please visit the EU Coronavirus page.
Changes to Library Hours and Access
- The EU Kendrick and AGTS Libraries will be closed until further notice.
- If you need access to collection materials such as journal articles or a chapter from a book, library staff may be able to provide digital copies on demand. Please be considerate in requesting materials as the library has limited available staff.
- If you wish to submit a request for copies from the EU or AGTS collections, please use the following form
Accessing the Library's Online Resources
- All current students and faculty will be able to access the library's online resources from off campus through their library accounts.
- Students may view a brief video demonstration of the login process or review the detailed print instructions
- These instructions apply to faculty as well. However, they will need to check with library staff for their library account ID. We hope to soon have instructions available to assist in faculty retrieval of their library ID.
- Students are not required to contact the library to set up access but are certainly encouraged to do so if they experience any problems or are unsure of the process.
- In order to contact the library, please submit an Ask-A-Librarian form and be sure to provide your phone number and/or email address. The library staff will contact you as soon as possible.
Circulation of Physical Materials
- Patrons are asked to keep all checked out books until the library building reopens and the library will waive any billing or fines for overdue materials that are returned. Once the building reopens, returned items may be held up for a period of time prior to processing and reshelving.
- All Interlibrary borrowing and lending of books from other libraries, including MOBIUS, will be suspended until further notice. If you have received notification that something is available for pickup, please contact the library to discuss your options.
Reference and Research Assistance
- Please submit an Ask-A-Librarian form to request assistance.
- Library Online Databases can be accessed here.
- Library staff may be working at times in the library facilities during the weekdays so you are welcome to try calling the library phones during those hours. However, library staff will respond by phone or email to requests submitted through the Ask-A-Librarian form during daytime and evening hours as soon as possible.
COVID-19 Related Free Online Resources
Library Gifts and Donations
- During this time of reduced operations and increased risk, the library will not be accepting any donated materials. Please contact us if you are interested in donating materials after the library resumes normal operations.
Posted and Updated: March 20, 2020